Thursday, November 29, 2007

Nanowrimo 2007

I have been quiet on my blog of late - not a whole lot to say... well, not true, lots to say, but I've been putting all my words into my latest novel for National Novel Writing Month. Nano is the greatest thing ever and I plan to do it until I die. May I finish every year.

I struggled this year, and for the first time, I've reached the end of my 50k words and NOT finished my story. I plan to continue, because I liked the writing and love the idea.

This year, my novel is called "The Holy Book of Janus" and is about a far, far future where a space man is stranded on a primitive planet and becomes their messiah. This time around though, he gets to read what all the gospelers are writing about him. How will it turn out? Well, it's not done yet, but I have a good idea now that I've hit my 50,000 words.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Travis. I agree with you, it is an awesome thing to do and I'll probably end up doing it every year too!

Then again, I'm yet to finish this year so I better get back to it.

Determinist said...

Thanks Andy - I'm sure you'll make it - you are really close now and blazing through lots of words per day. Good luck!

Kerryn Angell said...

Woo hoo! Now you can join me in doing the finish the novel in December thing. :)

Determinist said...

Hey Kerryn,

I'm already signed up for Nanofimo, so yes, I will do it in December. I haven't even read the rules yet - I've just been writing a few hundred words per day since I hit my 50k.

I'll probably see you on the discussion boards.